‘Beauty of Women Project’
Celebrating the diversity of the human form
One of my greatest passions is that I love photographing the shape of a woman. Indeed woman come in many shapes and sizes but sadly most women are ashamed to show off their natural beauty. I believe this is largely due to stereotypes woman have been exposed to from the time they are little girls and carry through their entire lives.
Women are exposed to a shockingly high number of negative body messages every single day. Media and marketing propagate these stereotypes through the images they choose to represent ideals. While this tactic earns industries billions in revenue every year, their success comes at an extremely high cost, with the use of negative advertising contributing to increased depression, eating disorders, low self-esteem, poor relationship skills, suicide attempts, and more. This needs to change.
I, together with millions of people around the world are not just tired of this but are willing to aid in changing the structures that lead to negative self-image of woman and yes men too.
‘The Beauty of Women Project’, a series of photo-shoots, Celebrating the diversity of the human form, is my answer to the problem.
- To uplift woman from all spheres of life.
- To defy a lifetime of being told that their bodies were less than camera ready by showing of your natural beauty in front of a camera.
- Consciously embracing every body’s shape, size, age, ability, ethnicity, and sex, in order to celebrate and recognise the body’s intrinsic beauty and inalienable right to exist as they are without apology.
Who is it for:
- Any woman who is tired of being asked to shape up, slim down, camouflage or otherwise alter and apologise for their body, in order to live up to unrealistic and deeply harmful representations of the body in contemporary media culture.
- Woman that believe that it’s time to celebrate beauty in all its forms.
By changing the way women think, talk, and feel about their bodies through these photo-shoots, we can overcome some of these challenges and create a more positive and accepting world.
If you’d like to participate in the ‘Beauty of Women Project’ please contact me & help me Celebrate the diversity of the human form.